• In the Spotlight:

What should I tell her?

This girl I know sent me a message on myspace... I added her a while back as my friend because I know her from school and her son and my son are in the same grade plus her friend is my friend. I can't read it because I am at work but my other friend who is her friend told me that her and my ex became friends on myspace and she asks her if it was ok since we are no longer together. I think that this message may have something to do with it. I don't love him and I could careless if he started seeing her or anyone else. The thing is, our relationship ended because he was an alcoholic... he verbally and emotionally abused me, threatened my life, talked bad about my son and even stalked me for a while after the break up. Should I be honest with her and tell him what happened or should I just let her find out for herself what kind of man he is. She isn't very stable herself so I don't know if it will matter either way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope, stay out of it. She'll find out soon enough.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• well, this is a difficult one. What if he's changed his life and you've said all these horrible things about him? BUT there is the chance he's still dangerous and you could be saving her life. I'm on the fence on this one. I have no idea. My gut tells me the right thing is to tell her so that she can be forewarned of the situation she's getting herself into.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I agree with admckenzie. Whatever you tell her will go in one ear and out the other. 9 times out of 10 she will still date him regardless of what you tell her.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 5:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2010