Have a new baby and want out of my marriage

I have been married for over a year and half and had my daughter just 3 months ago. I have been stayin with my husband to be a family but it getting really hard to do that anymore. we dont talk, dinner is quite. I go to bed alone. When we do argue i go to my dads and stay so my daughter doesnt have to be around that. ( I know shes to young to know about it but still). i just want someone elses option about it. And if anyone else went through this. My husband has changed 1 diaper since she has been born. Doesnt hold her ( not sure th last time he even did) But he gets mad when he goes upstairs and trys to give her a bottle while im sleeping and she screams till i get upstairs and takes it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• was the relationship this way before the baby came?
    If not then maybe you should try to sit and talk quietly without yelling and talk about feelings. Me and my husband had a similar problem after my first child was born. Its stressful on both parties. I think maybe have a mediator so you can talk to him and he can talk to you.. maybe marriage counseling. Good luck!
    Merediths_Mommy

Answer by Merediths_Mommy at 5:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• No one can really advise you based only on what you're written.

How long were the two of you together BEFORE you got married? Why did you decide to marry? You need to look back at those things first.

Marriage counseling is a must right now, before you decide on anything. Go yourself if he won't go with you.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I am so sorry. Yes. I was in a VERY unhappy marriage, much the same as you describe, but 4 years into the yelling, cold-shoulder, coming home drunk at 4am, sorry excuse for a life, a miracle occured in our home. It's a little piece of Heaven on earth now, and we're actually coming up on our 12th anniversary.... We have 3 children now, and it's SO different, but honestly, ONLY God can do that. Do you go to church anywhere?
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 5:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Many men don't like caring for small babies. My x wouldn't touch our children until they were old enough to walk, talk, go to the bathroom on their own and of course, feed themselves. It's certainly not anything, imo, to end a marriage over. Did you two discuss child care and who would do what before you got married?

Answer by admckenzie at 5:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• We were together 5 years before we got married. And yes we were going through some of this before my daughter came but put it aside to have her. Plus i have a 13 year old step son to think about it.
    pennstatemama21

Answer by pennstatemama21 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010