Has anyone made lasangna with no sauce until it's done?

My DH says my lasanga is dry, saw a cooking show where they added sauce ontop after they served it. Have you made it this way? How did it turn out? I know I can just add more sauce.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I just made lasagna and it is with sauce and cheese. What I used to find out is that mine was dry I think I added too many eggs to the ricotta. My top layer of mine has sauce on it-- cooked with foil, then about ten minutes before it is done I add mozzarella.
    This is not helpful but I do understand your pain. Did you cook it covered? Is your top layer sauce? Sometimes I add water to the sauce to prevent the sauce from getting too thick.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I would think you could just hold back a little in case someone actually wants to add additional to their lasagna. It sounds like a pretty good idea. You never know how much or little someone likes.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Try cooking it covered with foil, until the last 10 min or so. and I put thinner sauce than I would use for spagetti. Dh and Skids love mine. Also My last layer is noodle, sause and motz. cheese
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• NO. It won't turn out. You need the sauce to help hold the layers together. Just make sure to add a lot of sauce. Put sauce on the bottom of the pan and on the last layer. Make sure to cover it with tinfoil.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Hmmmm....not sure. Haven't tried it without sauce, but need to get more creative as I am currently altering the diet of the household due to hubby's stomach ulcer. The acid in tomatoes right now is a no-no.
    Anonymous

• Cook it like you normally do and let him add extra sauce after it's done. Try boiling your noodles first, so they don't soak in so much of the liquid, or add more liquid to the sauce when you're putting it together. But you have to bake it with the sauce, or it'll be worse yet!
    Anonymous