what do you mean when you say your toddler didn't eat much today?

like nothing at all? can you give an example of what they eat on those non-eating day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• One or two bites of his eggs at breakfast before tossing the bowl. Refusing lunch. Few bites of banana for snack. Half a graham cracker, maybe. A bite of his green peas and a bite of sphagetti at dinnertime before pushing plate away. That sort of stuff.
    Anonymous

• well what I mean is either my child didnt eat at all or has eaten maybe one or two bites of whatever i fix. Normally my kids go thru growth spurts and eat a ton and when they arent they dont really eat anything except maybe a pb sandwich and milk.
    Merediths_Mommy

Answer by Merediths_Mommy at 5:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Mine ate 2 pieces of french toast and milk and 3 peanut butter crackers... NOW he isn't wanting his dinner at all. He's only had 1 bite. So... if he doesn't want this, he'll wait for breakfast.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• ok, but they still eat something at least...just wanted to compare...mind does that too...don't you just hate those days?
    Anonymous

• 1 chicken nugget, 3 bites of her eggs, 5-10 goldfish, 2 cups water (day isn't over but it's almost 5 here!)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• To day she ate a good breakfast (bowl of cheerios and cup of milk)and a great lunch (2 pieces of chicken lunch meat, 2 oz of cheese, and 3 driedn apricots and a cup of apple juice) and didn't hardly touch her dinner (half a cup of 15 bean soup w/ham) and she will have to wait for breakfast.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Toddlers eat like birds! Little bite here, little bite there! You just learn to deal with it and move on, no sense making a big deal about it if it's not gonna change anytime soon! :) My guy is not a good breakfast eater, but he is good at lunch and dinner, and sometimes just lunch....I always just remind myself that he will eat when he is hungry.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 9:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2010