is it ok to be a little jealous

ok well my sister is getting married and my parents are forking out most of the costs of her wedding. About 5000 dollars total. Yet my parents didnt want to help pay for my wedding.. we never actually had a wedding. Im very jealous of my sister because shes getting her wedding with the white dress and cake and all that but I never did.. is it ok to be alittle jealous?

Merediths_Mommy

Asked by Merediths_Mommy at 5:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Hell yes I would be more than jealous I would be pissed. I would ask them why it is she is getting special treatment where you got nothing.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• yes it's ok to be jealous. I would be too

Answer by admckenzie at 5:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• WTF???!!! NOT COOL!! Your feelings are completely justified!
    Anonymous

• Why didn't you have a wedding and a dress? Yeah it is okay to be a little jealous. You are special too and should have some special time.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Did they not like the man you married?
    Did you have a baby and then get married?
    Did you do something they were upset about?

There must be a reason she is getting a wedding and you are not.
    Please tell us the WHOLE story before asking our opinion.
    Anonymous

• if you want to know the whole story my sister is the favorite child within my family and was spoiled and I was abused.. my dad is the bread winner and really makes the decisions in how to spend the money and he refused to spend money on my wedding.
    Merediths_Mommy

Answer by Merediths_Mommy at 6:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• OK, in all honesty, I believe it to be perfectly normal to feel a bit jealous. BUT what you do with those feelings of jealousy are completely another matter. I do not have a sister, only brothers. I would do my utmost to be happy for my sister (even given the jealousy) and assist her with errands and such as much as possible. Please do not allow these feelings to cause a rift between yourself and your sister. The wedding plans and the wedding will only last so long, but there is the entire rest of your lives and your relationship during those years to consider. Do you want to risk putting that relationship in jeopardy permanently by airing these feelings about something that is only temporary? I can't answer that for you, but I would not personally allow that to happen.
    Anonymous

• just reading it I'm made for you and want to confront your momma lol
    Anonymous

• Mad* for you
    Anonymous

• I'd be angry not jealous. There has to be a reason that they didn't help you. You need to talk to your parents about this. Could they have helped pay for something else large for you? and they just want to do something nice for your sister.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2010