I'm 18weeks with a Heart shaped uterus. Anyone else?

I'm 24 this is my first baby. He is my miracle baby! I have had 3miscarriages before this. But I know really nothing about a heart shaped uterus. I feel him move all the time sometimes its painful! Is it always going to be that way? My doc is affaird he may come early. Anyone make it full term? Help! Any advice will be great!!!

holtensmom10

Asked by holtensmom10 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Did the Drs call your uterus a bicornuate uterus?? i was told i had this when i was very young.. its an extra small , heart shaped uterus
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yes Bicornuate is the medical term. Did it go away?
    holtensmom10

Answer by holtensmom10 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• It's not going to go away. It's a genetic malformation. I have one as well, I'm just about 26 weeks. Dr. pretty much told me baby will come early, bc there's not enough room for baby to grow. Just how early depends on a lot of factors. Just today they gave me a steroid shot to help baby's lungs grow. Friend me if you want, we can chat :)
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 8:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I think I tired to friend you, but im new to all this! lol So if it didnt work you may want to try to friend me. =)
    holtensmom10

Answer by holtensmom10 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Hey! I am 28 weeks and I have a bicornuate uterus and it hasnt cause me any complications yet. My doctor says everything is fine but I might have to have a c-section because of it but I wont know till my due date is closer. I was really stressed out about it when I first found out but everything has been fine so far. Dont read stories online they freak you out!
    misscomplex9890

Answer by misscomplex9890 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i have a really small uterus. and that could be the reason why im having a hard time TTC.
    Anonymous