Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby daddy is a jerk! What should I do!

I'm 18weeks along the father of my son is a jerk and wants nothing to do with my bundle of joy. I'm affarid when the baby comes he will!!! He is down right mean has called me nasty names, said the baby wasnt his just horrible things that I have never heard. Has a major gambling and drink problem. I dont know what to do. I know I cant keep him away from his son, but I dont want my son around someone that drinks and is disrespectful to woman! What to do?

Answer Question

Asked by holtensmom10 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (17)
  • Give the child up for adoption.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • Leave his ass it only get worst trust me

    Answer by kadmomma at 6:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • well if u can prove that he is not good for the baby, and u guys go to court they will limit his visits - if he wants them, and yes u can stop him from seeingthe baby- as long as you want but u have to becareful. most guys go through this stage - everything will be ok- look into the laws where u live at.

    Answer by Dusti3 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • If you leave before the child is born, esp if you can get out of state it becomes harder for him to do anything. If that is impossible for you start by having absolutley no contact with him. Don't even discuss him with friends. Anyone who might bring info back to him need to be cut out of the loop. When your child is born do NOT put his name on the birth cert. To establish visitation or challenge custody the first thing he would have to do is determine paternity via DNA which is expensive.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • You can't keep him from his child necessarily but if he s questioning if its even his you may get a paternity test to prove that he is and then perhaps take legal steps to protect you and the baby.

    Answer by bchylilblonde at 6:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • Well you should have gotten to know him better before having unprotected sex with him. You made your bed with him now you get to deal with it. I doubt any of this was a shock to you he couldn't have been that great of a prize when you met him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • So he SUDDENLY turned into a jerk?????

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • If you really want him to go away then agree that the baby isn't his. I know that is drastic but he'll go away and leave you and the baby alone.

    Answer by admckenzie at 6:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • My question is why do you want to hang on to a dirt bag like that? And yeah that is what it seems like your trying to do. He is already saying the kid isn't his so fine "say yeah it isn't yours" and move on. Find somebody else, preferably a non dirt bag, get married and then have him adopt the child. When the kid turns 18 tell him who is real daddy is let him know where to find him and no more than that. The kid will figure out on his own what a creep daddy is and why what was done was done.

    Answer by babyfat5 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • My guess is if he doesn't want anything to do with you and the baby now, chances are slim he'll come around after the baby is born... Have him sign away all parental rights, Don't put him on the birth certificate, If he's away long enough after the birth you can claim abandonment. There are ways to keep him at bay but if he decides to be a father to this child then your going to have to work with him on it - Just make sure he pays his support and go to court to designate visiting.


    Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.