white/purplish bumps on the inside of my vagina lip

I'm 35 weeks pregnant. A few weeks ago, I noticed that my right vagina lip felt swollen. I thought it was weird, but the swelling went down. Then, I noticed it every time I peed. I then noticed a white bump on the inside of the lip. I didn't know what it looked like or anything, I just felt it. Now, there are many white bumps on the inside of my vagina lip and one of them is now purplish in color. Does anyone know what they are? It isn't an STD. My husband and I were both virgins when we married.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• SOmething like that is best checked out by a doctor instead of waiting for answers here.
    Anonymous

• It could just be papules. Show your doctor.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• It sounds like herpes which is an std and need to be checked asap!!! Guess dh has been lying about something!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Ask your ob/gyn.
    Anonymous

• google herpes and look at the pics!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Ask your doctor to check for Lichen Sclerosus. (Pronounced: lik*ken sler*o* sis) It has been considered rare, but that is because many women have been misdiagnosed over the past years. Doctors have said it was everything from herpes to std's to persistant yeast infections, to "I don't know what it is". It is an autoimmune response to certain hormonal imbalances such as pregnancy or menopause. IT IS NOT SOMETHING YOU CAUGHT OR CAN TRANSMIT. A lot of doctors don't think about it especially in pre-menopausal women. Mention it to him or her. Treatment usually involves using a prescription cortizone cream every day till it subsides, then twice or three times a week after that to keep it under control.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• it does NOT sound like herpies, herpies are not white bumps they are sores get your information right dont scare that girl like that but you should just let your doctor know and have em look at it, most likely it's nothing but always better safe then sorry
    Anonymous

• could be in grown hairs! or if you have sex an get a scatch on the inside an then swelled up from it because of swetting! so not sure but if they are not itching burning or bleeding then i would say your fine an sounds ok due to all the pregnant weight an hormones could be tha too
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Okay. Well, to the one who said my husband must be lying...screw you. He's a very wonderful husband and I have NEVER suspected anything from him.
    At any rate...I went to labor and delivery at the hospital and asked them about it. They said it's vericcse veins of the labia. Turns out it happens with subsequent pregnancies and especially with women who had large babies. My first baby was 11 lbs when he was born. It's supposed to be normal. So, thanks for your help.
    And thanks for those who did actually scare the crap out of me.
    Anonymous

• I'm glad you found out what it really is, I hope they were able to give you something for relief. And for the ones who suggested your dh is cheating, shame on them--NOT every man cheats.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:48 AM on Jan. 13, 2010