What is the Christian mission?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Is this a special term used by a certain religion or are you asking about a personal mission of a christian?

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Mission? Like a business's mission statement? To follow the teachings of Christ.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Why all the anon questions?
    The mission is simple...
    However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. -- Acts 20:24
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. Someone once said that and I really like it!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• To learn to love like He does and teach others to love like He does.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• To me, the Christian mission (if you are asking what we as Christians are supposed to be doing) is the "Great Commission"...

Mathew 28:18-20
    (18)Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. (19) Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (20) and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Basically, sharing the love of God & the truth & hope of His Son, Jesus Christ with everyone we come in contact with, so that everyone from one end of the Earth to the other will hear & know of His great love, grace & mercy.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• BlessedMommy64 - I was going to post the same scripture, but you've already got it up here, so...ditto. ;-)
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Love and all that it entails.
    Sounds simple, I know, but if you really think about it you understand exactly how much that really means....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• BlessedMommy64 same here.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 12:09 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Well, let's see. Going by what I've seen on here?? To "go forth" and force their brand of religion on every living person by force, deceit, threat or blackmail. To interfer in everyone's personal business and to hinder the progress of science and technology. To send American men and women to die in an inane "holy" war--which is only the latest of the many that have gone before it. But, if I see anything different, I'll let you know.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2010