How do you feel about this?

I am against abortions but this subject kinda caught my interest... guess because abortion is to blame.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100111/hl_afp/chinapopulationmenmarriage

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I I dont agree with abortions but this isnt really JUST an abortion issue. Although thats a pretty SICK reason to get an abortion! This is a cultural issue. I remember YEARS ago my mom made a comment about this when the stories were about THIS and them drowning girl babies. She said they were going to be screwed when there were no women to have babies!!! So I find it funny! Idiots. What did they THINK would happen!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Some of them don't abort their girls... they leave them on the side of the road to die. I'm pro-choice but this entire topic disgusts me. I've read letters from women who have had forced "abortions" performed on them, sometimes as late as 7 months, because of China's "family planning" policy. They are heartbreaking, and infuriating, to read. It is a heartless, inhumane, disgusting thing that is happening over there, both the forced abortions and the people who chose to do so in order to get a baby with the "right" set of genitals. I can't believe they didn't see this coming!!
    Anonymous

• Crazy huh? I remember watching this documentary where this couple lives off the grid so to say and they make trips to the garbage dumb and rescue the baby girls. I bawled through the whole thing!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Abortion is not to blame. The family planning policy of China is to blame. Just as many girls are abandoned or dumped in orphanages as aborted. The whole throwing away of girls is a result of the nation's policy.

This is callous, but oh well. The government made a foolish decision, and now they will suffer for it. Less babies, less revenue, less workers - I feel sorry for the people though. Sort off. An awful lot gave up or abandoned or aborted their girls. So while the government is the root of this, the people have created part of it as well.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 10:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2010