Inducing Labor???

Does anyone know any good ways to induce labor? Or anything that worked for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your body will just go into labor when it is ready. There is no full proof way to induse labor unless you go to the Dr.
    Anonymous

• NOTHING works unless your body is ready even medical induction. you can try tho sex and walking and squats.  castor oil is the stupidest thing to do , besides the risk of baby having a BM in the uterus it also causes you dehydration cramps and diarrhea

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• The only helpful method is sexual intercourse. Semen thins the cervix.
    Anonymous

• I was induced(at the hospital) and STILL went almost 24 more hrs!UHG that was awful.But when my baby came......SOOOOO worth the wait! Just be patient honey it'll happen when baby's ready to come...Other than the hospital, walking is best.Good luck with everything~!, Stephy
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 6:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Why is this such a popular practice now, I wonder?

Mothers' bodies supply nourishment to their babies at different rates, so their babies are going to need different numbers of days to mature.

Unless there is a real problem like the waters already broke, or the baby is over 3 weeks overdue, then I don't understand the sanity in triggering labor artificially.

We want to give the baby exactly the amount of time the baby needs, and let his/her physiology trigger the birth, don't we?
    The lungs are the last to mature ... and they have to work hard the whole life of your child. Give them all the time they need.

Best wishes to you ! Enjoy your baby !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• "Good" like very effective or "good" like safe ?

Medical inductions with Pitocin, Cervidil, Cytotec, prostaglandin gel seem effective. The risks must be weighed against mom's complications, of course!
    From home there are remedies like herbs, foods, activities, but *might* help if the mom is already teetering on the brink of labor, anyhow.

What kind of induction are you interested in?
    Are you already in early labor?
    Are you within the EDD period?
    Do you know your Bishop's Score?
    Do you have health complications to factor in?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I would say sex and walking but I waited for my daughter to come into the world on her own,you know 'naturally" on God's time and she came 3 days late! Good luck with your new bundle of joy!!
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010