Mormons and JW's

I have a friend who seems to believe that Mormons and JW's are not Christian. Shocked me. I thought they both believed that Jesus is the Son of God. Is it necessary to believe that Jesus IS God to be Christian?

-Faithful4ever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes it is because when john baptizes jesus the heavens opened up and GOD said this is my son who i approve. And yes they are christians
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I know for sure JW are Christians. I was one when I was little. Yes Mormons are too.
    Anonymous

• Yes they are Christians
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Some churchs teach that you have to believe Jesus IS God in order to be Christian, but every definition of Christian I have seen does not say that. I consider them both Christian. I feel like those who say they are not are just trying to use that as an excuse to persuade other people those denominations are not good enough. Its ridiculous. Only the individual knows if they truly believe in Christ. A Baptist preacher (or other religious figure) can not say truthfully that those denoms are not Christian.
    Anonymous

• They call themselves Christians. But when they come to my door and I tell them I am a Christian they tell me that everything I believe is wrong. They don't agree with the teachings of mainstream Christianity and try and evangelize us. If we had the same core beliefs, they wouldn't need to do that.

Basically they believe that all other Christian churches are desperately wrong and that they are part of the only true church. So it is bigger difference than just denominational preference. They have different beliefs regarding the deity of Jesus, the trinity, God, hell, the Bible, etc.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Probably the best way to recieve information on those religions is to contact a person of that religion. That is what I would do....GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Every Christian I have met says that others are wrong. Doesnt make JW and Mormons any less Christian
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• im a Jehovah' s witness and i'm a Christian.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• agree with mrsowen. every religion says that the jw's are wrong, so its the same thing.
    Anonymous