Is it possible, to work two jobs, and take care of kids, and still make time love(if there is any love out there for me)?

FreemanCafe

Asked by FreemanCafe at 6:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• YES!
    Anonymous

• There IS love out there for you ! - You are EVERYTHING to your children, they love you completely. Your presence is like the sunshine to them. They have entrusted their lives to you. It's amazing if you consider how important you are to them.

I don't know if I would insert a high-priority person into my kids' lives. A romantic relationship tends to take over one's focus, and that elbows aside the focus on one's children. And kids are pulled into the relationship, too. Is that fair?

Children grow and change so fast, and their needs are so important, that you can't just put mothering on automatic pilot. Working for employers outside the home is already forcing you to subordinate your children's needs to the demands of the job.

When you work, your children bear the burden just as much as you do. If your kids have to go to daycare, they are already making a big sacrifice to help you carry your work responsibilities.

waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• So my answer is, No.
    It is SO worth it to give your attention to raising your children. I don't know how old they are, but you can wait a few years - until they are 16 or 17 - before you turn your devotion away from them to focus on a new relationship.

There are real risks: The kids WILL get involved - they'll either suffer because they do not get along with this new person in their home, or they will get attached and suffer when he goes away.

A parade of mommy's boyfriends is known to be very damaging to children.

And if you get re-married, you might have another baby and risk setting up the awful step-parent & step-grandparent favoritism for the new baby over your own children.

Because of the restriction on how long this answer can be, I can only make brief indications.

Do read up about it, I'm sure there are lots of books.
    And check Dr. Laura's site for situation after situation to see how they worked out
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• You do not need to put your life on hold until your children are out of the house. Your children love you regardless if you are with them 24/7 or 4/5. You just have to be creative and have a lot of stamina, lol. You can easily work a job while your kids are in school/daycare, and pick up a second job after they're sleeping or on some weekends, and still spend non-school time with your kids. However, unless you have access to free/cheap/extended-day childcare, it may be difficult to justify getting a second job, as all of this money may go to pay for childcare. But if it works for you financially, go for it! If you're not comfortable having your SO around your kids yet, spend time with him after the kids are in bed, have lunch dates, a random hr or 2 on the weekends.

You sound as though you may be overwhelmed, in which case: YOU CAN DO IT! Pretty soon it will be your normal routine.
    kitkabob

Answer by kitkabob at 10:13 AM on Jan. 12, 2010