American Girls Dolls?

Does anyone buy them for their daughters? At what age? How much do they cost (about)? My mom wants to get one for my DD, but she is only two, I personally think that two is too young for a $50 doll! .... am I crazy or what??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• AG has Bitty Baby which would be perfect. While she was expensive, they have a lifetime, no questions asked guaruntee on everything.

If her head breaks, send it back to the hospital and they get a new one... My daughter stepped on the wheel of the stroller and broke it... sent it back and got a new one.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 10:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I'm with you, I think they are too expensive for a young child
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I'm pretty sure they're more than $50. I thought they were closer to !150. I had one when I was little that looked just like me. It's the outfits that get expensive, and all of the accessories. You could always check e-bay, I'm sure there are some on there.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• They are very expeince. There is the doll which is like $80 to over $100 then you have to get cloths which is expience. Then they ahve the extra's which even the prices for those are nuts. I really personaly would not want my DD to play with it if I'm paying that much. I would want it in a glass case. But just my opion.
    Anonymous

• I am also with you! I would have her wait until your dd is closer to 5-8... my cousin had all 5 but still at 23 hasn't taken them out of the box because they are so expensive! I think they are closer to $80-100
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• They run over $100. While American Girl started out as a nice concept, when the company sold out to Mattel, they became representative of what is bad about capitalism, not what is good

Answer by rkoloms at 7:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• The dolls are around $100 - my 8 year old daughter has one. They don't recommend the "grown up" girl dolls until girls are 8 and up. The "baby" dolls I'm not sure about. They have less expensive versions of these now at WalMart and Target, along with clothes, furniture, etc. My daughter has the actual AG doll, and a couple AG outfits, but most of her clothes and furniture is from Target or made by my MIL, who is an excellent seamstress.

Answer by missanc at 7:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2010