Atheists

Do you question your beliefs? Are you open to the idea that there may in fact be a God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• being brought up in church (pentecostal), and after taking a Mythology class in high school...I just don't see how it can possibly be true. IF there is one- I would hope that we would be judged on what kind of person we are rather than which version of the bible or what church we pick.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• If I was open to a god being possible I believe i"d be agnostic instead of atheist. But I most certainly examine and question myself on a daily basis. But it always leads me back to what I am, and what I believe....there is no God. We are all our own divinity...it lives within us.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• " I would hope that we would be judged on what kind of person we are rather than which version of the bible or what church we pick"

Your telling me! Especially after the behavior I've seen here on CM from so called "christians".
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Sure, show me some good, solid, physical evidence that proves the existence of a god, any god, and I will change my mind.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 6:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Answered at 3:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 by: sahmamax2
    If I was open to a god being possible I believe i"d be agnostic instead of atheist.

^This.^
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I haven't questioned my beliefs since becoming an Atheist. I know in my heart I'm right and there is no reason to question.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• nope
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• No and no.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• But did anyone ever stop and think that just because your life is good and was "bad" when you thought there was God means that SATAN is rewarding you?

Just a thought.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I think if people were being honest in their questioning they would come to the conclusion that we will never know in our lifetime whether or not there is or isn't a god regardless of our beliefs. Thus making us all agnostic, however the deciding factor on our religious affiliations is what we believe it to be. As it stands I see no evidence of any god and the idea of there being one is illogical in my mind.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2010