Gastritis or reactive gastropathy?

I had an upper endoscopy last week to check for possible celiac's disease. Well, I don't have it but they say I have gastritis or reactive gastropathy. Apparently bile is going back from my small intestine into my stomach and causing lot's of issues. So I was told to deal with it. Le sigh. Internet searches only brought up medical journals I could not understand. I have fibro and have a feeling this is somehow related. Have any of you had issues with this or can you help me understand what I can be doing to help? Any and all advice will be much appreciated!

Ravensong

Asked by Ravensong at 6:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Health

• Okay so I did more digging and this is also called bile reflux.
    Ravensong

Answer by Ravensong at 9:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I have fibro as well as RA and they are thinking I have the same thing. I just went through an endoscopy and colonoscopy and tomorrow am having a gastric emptying study done. Will see what they say and if I get a better understanding on this, I will let you know
    jenfitz42

Answer by jenfitz42 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2011