Do you think Andrea Yates Husband is partly to blame?

Do you think he could have seen the illness and prevented it instead of saying "that's why we got doctors/hospitals for"
Do you think he should have left her alone weeks prior ?
Do you think he got re-married too soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• This is fun?
    Anonymous

• What other category is she going to put it in if you don't have anything good to say then shut it.
    Anonymous

• yes, I do think he was partly to blame, I do believe they were advised to not have more kids because her PPD got progressively worse after each child
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yes I do. They knew of the PPD and that would not improve with adding more children into the picture. Getting help is good, but if it is not working....that alone is not enough. The long periods of being alone with the children combined with PPD was unwise at best.
    Anonymous

• Post partum is a bad thing for a woman to deal with, not saying she is innocent or even right but I blame him partly because he did see what was going with her and still left her alone with the kids, he still wanted her to get off the meds to have yet another baby.
    vikings_beauty

Answer by vikings_beauty at 7:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yep. Always have.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 7:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• No she knew what she did was wrong enough she waited until he left then called him when she was done. She is fully responsible I don't buy she was sick either. Women sometimes are a vile and disgusting as men and kill. I hope she rots and can never have anymore children. Good for her husband getting remarried hope he has more children would be hard after your former wife drowned your other children. Poor guy.
    Anonymous

• Partly, only because once a woman decides to do something and dh is in agreement only a doc can stop or intervene. Despite her ppd getting worse, psychotic episodes increasing, meds not working and not listening to the therapist, they made this decision together as a couple! What pissed me off about it is that they put their selfish wants and desires above her sanity and their innocent children paid the ultimate price for it!!! I personally think he was sick as well; how could he not be thinking she'd be fine and having another baby would do no harm!? Oh and when symptoms were returning and worse than before, they both ignored it and continued as if nothing was wrong, despite dh being called home in the middle of the day because she was suicidal and or threatened to kill the kids because "voices" were telling her to do it inorder to "cleanse their souls"!!! It cld have bn prevented but no, they'd rather her fall apart 4 no rsn
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My thought on him is he just didn't seem to mourn them as a father should..maybe people show their pain differently.
    Anonymous

• Yes. After having PPD myself, YES.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2010