can anyone explain this to me? (calculationg possible due date)

I ovulated 2 days ago. my last period is 12/14/09. just for giggles I calculated on a site what my due date would be if I got pregnant with this ovulation. It says I'm already 4 weeks pregnant. how can that be if I just now ovulated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Your pregnancy is calculated from the day of your last period...so according to "them" you are already 2 weeks preggo by the time you ovulate. This can cause a lot of error because it is based on the falacy (sp?) that every woman has a 28day cycle and ovulates on day 14 (So not true!!). Your Gestational due date can be calculated by adding 9 months to your ovulation day and then subtracting 1 week. You ovulated on Cycle Day 26 (Jan 9th) and that would put your due date at October 2, 2010. Hope that helps!!
    ammil87

Answer by ammil87 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• The date is calculated as 40 weeks from the date of your last period. Most women don't keep track of when they are ovulating or know EXACTLY when they got pregnant - so that is the method most dr's use.

Answer by missanc at 7:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• 2 weeks after you ovulate, you are already 4 weeks pregnant. Doc's go by LMP which adds 2 weeks onto the gestational age.

http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/duedate/index.html
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 7:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2010