• In the Spotlight:

is it normal for my 2 week old baby to go crosside every so often?

whenbeautyfalls

Asked by whenbeautyfalls at 7:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 7:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• believe it or not it is VERY common. bc they are not used to open their eyes and especially not use to try and focusing on something, itll stop dont panic!
    Mommy2Layla08

Answer by Mommy2Layla08 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yes it is. The muscles in the eyes are not strong yet. It will stop is your baby gets older.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 7:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• You mean cross eyed? I'm a little confused.
    Anonymous

• Yup, completely normal. All three of my kids did it when they were little, expecially when they tried focusing on something close, like my face when I was holding them. It's just their eye muscles aren't very strong so after using them, they get tired and they go cross-eyed. All three of mine grow out of it within the first few months. If you baby is still going cross-eyed at about 5 months or so, ask your dr about it. =)
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 8:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yes! I didn't know that and was silently stressing about it until my father in law came to visit us when my son was 2 weeks old! He said "Wow! He doesn't cross his eyes as much as the rest of the grandkids did!" Glad someone told me it was normal!
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 12:23 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Yes, they're eye muscles need to strengthen.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 2:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2010