Postpartum Question....

I had a c-section and I was wondering how soon it is normally before your period returns. Its been 8 weeks and I dont think I have had one yet. Is this cause for concern?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not a good one to reply to this. If you are breast feeding I know it is very normal. If you are not breast feeding I don't know.
    Anonymous

• It depends on if you're breastfeeding... I didn't have one for 18 months while nursing my first and it's completely normal. If you aren't nursing I would expect it any time now.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• No - it depends on if you're breastfeeding or not. I breastfed and didn't get my period until like 8-9 months later, after my csection and my vaginal deliveries.

Answer by missanc at 7:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I only bf'd for the first little while but I didn't get my period back for about 3 or 4 months after my C section. Everyone is different though, so don't freak out :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2010