I want your opinion...

I plan on going to school in August. I'm pregnant right now so decided to wait til then instead of trying to start in January then be out for having a baby the end of the month...Well I'm not completely sure what I want to go for. I have a few months to decide. I would kind of like to go to be an ultrasound tech, but just bc you go to school for something doesnt mean you can get a job just anywhere and I really don't want to move anywhere else bc I've lived here my whole life and we just bought a house anyways. The other thing I'm considering is something with computers. Not exactly sure WHAT with computers, but I know computers are the future and there will always be computer jobs. What would you think about either of those too? Did anybody else go to school for either of those things that could maybe tell me about your experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have a cousin that is an ultrasound/x-ray tech and she is the bread winner of her family she does really well for herself!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i am not interested in that but you need to try to think which one you would enjoy more and pick one that works best for you
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 7:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Anything in the medical field you shouldn't have a problem landing a job with. If thats what you enjoy, go for it... But you have to be happy in your career first, or else you should just take a job at a grocery store. You have to love your career, and if you dont then its just a job.

Why go to college for a job?
    Anonymous

• first and foremost, most places will have you take general studies before you even get into classes that have anything to actually do with your career decision. I don't know where you plan on taking courses, but you might want to meet with an academic advisor who can help you narrow down what kind of thing you really want to do. I started taking college classes a few years ago, thought i wanted to be a nurse until i started getting into the biology pre-requisite classes and i hated them. I just was totally uninterested. Couldn't pass a test to save my life. My father in law is an IT guy with computers and he is constantly worried about losing his job since companies are trying to find cheapers ways to maintain their technology.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 8:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I too am thinking of a future in the comp bizz!!! I want to take up comp science or com tech, to learn how to fix them and once I can I plan on getting my bizz associates and starting a home based career by fixing comps in the comfort of my home,within my time frame(not weeks, either!). Once I get the comps down then I want to venture into fixing tv's too!!! I am ready to see this happen for me and my df!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• What do you like? Nursing? Is there anything you love to do that could turn into a career, the economy isn't going to stay this way forever and you might as well do something you like! Floral design, chef, whatever your heart desires! Good luck and congrats on the baby!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My sons gf is an ultrasound tech, she loves her job, and makes great money. There will always be pregnant women, so she will always have a belly to scan.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2010