So do you think your dreams have meaning?

My son was scheduled to have tubes put in on the 8th and I was really freaked out that he has to be put under for it. Turns out that on the 8th the wind chill got down to -40 here and we had to cancel the surgery. I called back and got it rescheduled and all is a go for the 14th but last night I had the most CRAZY dream ever. I was in the waiting room with my DH and both our mothers. The doc came in and said "there was a complication, his heart stopped during the procedure and we couldn't get him back." My MIL says "I knew it he shouldn't have had this surgery he didn't need it...". I jump up and hit her. My dream then picks up at us all walking down a long hallway. We come to a room and I walk in and see my son on the table covered from the neck down. I woke up crying and got sick because it was so real and I am already scared. I'm thinking that maybe that would have happened if we went the first time. What do you think??

HuskerMommy08

Asked by HuskerMommy08 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think you're just really worried about your son. From my experience when I worry a lot it can make me have some pretty real feeling dreams. My Nephew had tubes put in when he was a baby , everything went fine and he's 17yrs old now and very healthy.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i come from a family that believes every dream has a meaning. i know i would have thought that too my son had to have dental surgery too a while back and they had to put him to sleep i was really worried because that is my phobia that he might not wake up because my father passed when i was 9 mos pregnant with my son and he didnt wake up after from the anestesia... my son was born 2 weeks after he passed so when i had to take my son in and they also told me they were gonna have to put him to sleep i was devestated felt like crying and didnt stop crying until surgery day came but the night before he had his surgery scheduled i dram with my dad he told me its going to be okay dont worry!i woke up and obviously i thought it meant something and we took him in i put his blessed chain on him for good luck they took him in and 45 minutes later my son was waking up and i brought him home ! i do believe in that...
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 8:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Dreams definitely and without a doubt have meaning. However I think yours is just anxiety related to the impending surgery. If it's any consolation I've been thru this three times. My oldest son had the tubes in twice and my baby once. It's very routine, takes about ten to twenty minutes and has minimal complications if any. Try to relax and stay positive about it. keep telling yourself that "my child will be just fine." Your son will be ok. The anesthesiologist will know how to treat him should anything happen.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I had a dream years ago that someone was going to get hurt in a car accident. It was pretty fuzzy, as to whom it would be; but the next day, my husband's friend died in an accident. I don't know what to think anymore.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I don't think so. I think that's just your mind worrying too much. Unless this is something that's always happened to you. Do you always have dreams that come true? If so, then I'd be worried.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 9:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2010