In the end

Don't you think that a "God" (if there is one) would judge you on the kind of person
you are
Rather than what version of the bible you read, what church you attend, or what religion you claim?

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 8:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe God cares what religious label you give yourself. He's above that kind of pettiness. I think He's more concerned about us being loving, compassionate people,which is something encouraged in ALL religions. IMO, the ultimate purpose and commandment is LOVE, and I believe that God is the ultimate epitome of love, which means that I don't believe He condemns anyone, but instead loves each and every one of us so unconditionally and selflessly that He bestows "salvation" upon everyone. IMO the existence of a hell is an exact contradiction of this concept of love, and therefore I don't believe in its (hell's) existence, and I believe the only way God judges us is to help us reach our full potential as His creation, to fully realize and actualize the image He has for us, the image He made us in...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• no

Anonymous

• First, I most definitely believe that there is a God. And I believe that, as the Bible says, that he sees our hearts. So yes, I know that he will be far more interested in the condition of my heart and the type of life I have led than he will be in the type of church I have attended, etc.
    Anonymous

• He will judge all according to what they did for Him.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• and that they accepted Jesus as their savior
    Anonymous

• In the end, what's going to matter most is whether or not we recieved the gift He paid the highest price for, yet gives to us freely - forgiveness. We will be rewarded according to our works, but it doesn't matter what version of the Bible you learned it from or what pastor taught it to you.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• for me personally, no, because I choose to hand all my sin over to Jesus and He washed my sin away through His blood I am made clean. And I am a christain, no denomation, and I follow the Holy bible.

but to those who choose choose to not follow the living God will be judged, and the wages of sin is death.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I agree with goodmomma
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Aside from us spreading His word, He will also judge us by our heart. Actions are not always motivated by the heart, but instead weakness; so if He judged us by our actions there wouldn't be many left standing perhaps no one would!!! For instance; just an example! A priest gave all his wordly possesions to ask God to forgive him of his sins, do you think he would!? Do you think he would if he secretly hoped it'd be enough to pardon molesting a child under the age of 5!? When we ask pardon of our sins whole heartedly because we learned and felt ashamed from it and went and offered our most prized possesions to show our remorse, its sincere and God sees that. Now what if you ask for giveness and bring Him everything but your prized posessions, not because He's not worthy of the gesture, but because you can't bare to part with it, He sees that too! Not only can He read our minds but He knows and sees our hearts! Make sense!?
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I think after death you will be judged on the decision you made about Jesus while on Earth.

Jesus paid the penalty for all sin, if you call upon Jesus Christ to be your Savior you are made right before God, as you accepted Christs death as payment for your sins. In this case you will not be judged for your sins.

If you denied Christ on Earth you will be held accountable for your own sins in the after life......whatever they may be.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2010