I'm having trouble breastfeeding

It started Friday night and it has yet to let up. Her dr says its normal, that shes going through a growth spurt. She normally would eat for 10 minutes and be good for 2-3 hrs. Lately she'll eat for 40 minutes to an hour and she'll still be fussy, which is very unsual for her in itself because she seldom cries. So my question is do i have anything to be worried about?

Asked by NetterBugLove at 5:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no :) my son was like that...he was such a little piggy!!!! i could literally feed him for 30-40 mins on each side and he'd still get fussy when i tried to cut him off after an hour of feeding! she's definitely going through a growth spurt :)

Answer by retz at 5:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• If you think you want to up your milk production, be sure to try one of the galactogogue teas you can find in health food sections or online. They really work! And at the same time, get LOTS of produce to eat, fresh fruits and vegetables are better for giving you vitality, and minimum 110 grams protein daily to make sure the extra milk you're making is good and nourishing. And surround yourself with the sunny atmosphere of a cow basking serenely in a flower-filled meadow. Tension hormones easily squelch milk production.

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I am not sure how old your baby is, but my oldest was like that, she was on my boob sooo much, I had to learn to pee while nursing. Anyway, when she was 4 months or so I started giving her a little bit of cereal, it was a relief for her & me!

Answer by koodie78 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2008