How to fire a bridesmaid??

My wedding is coming up in May and every single one of my bridesmaids are making my wedding more stressful. Some I can't get in touch with since about 2 months ago. Another which is my best friend is over bearing and thinks she is the one getting married. With all of that going on we decided not to have a wedding party. Its going to break her heart when she finds out that we only want a small wedding with just our MOH and Best Man.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You go up to her and hand her a pink slip with the words "Your fired"

Answer by louise2 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I know exactly what you're talking about! My daughter is getting married in May too & she & her fiance are each having 10 attendants.
    Just tell her the truth, just what you said here... say that things have gotten too complicated & stressful having a wedding party & you have decided to scale things down & that you are each having only one witness. She should understand that your obvious choice would be the MOH & not her.

Best Wishes. I hope it all works out well!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Tell her the truth straight up. If she is a friend she will understand. Her feeling may be a little hurt but she will understand. If she doesn't..she wan't a real friend to begin with.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I fired my bridesmaid.. lol all we ended up having were my sister (moa) and my husband brother (BM).. no one else.. i only had one other person to be in the wedding and she ended up going CRAZY on me.. she drove me nuts and started talking about me behind my back.. so i just told her.. "Your not in my wedding anymore" lol seemed harsh but we were at our wits end with each other by the time my wedding was coming up.., its a VERY important day and i was so angry with her i knew i would have regreted it if i had to look at all my wedding pictures and see her in them..
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Just tell them that plans have changed. That's it. No explanation is needed.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Just be stright foward with her i mean its your wedding not theres and if they dont understand then is it really worth it?
    mrskekauoha

Answer by mrskekauoha at 12:27 AM on Jan. 12, 2010