• In the Spotlight:

So tell me, how did you choose which religion to follow.....

were you brought up in it or choose to convert to a different one
how did you figure out it was the right one for you, did you have an aha moment?
Just curious
Thanks everyone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Even as a kid I believed there was a great mother as well as father. I researched many religions. THen at 15 Dh came into my life and introduced me to Wicca. It fit.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I grew up in a Catholic church, and went to Catholic school, but in high school I met a girl who explained the Bible way better than my priests ever had before. I guess I kind of had an 'aha' moment, as you say. It wasn't until I really prayed for the first time, that I felt His total peace. It was something I could never forget.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i was in a very dark place in my life. dh was about to walk out on us and i was completely broke, 2 jw women knocked on my door, i usually dont answer but that day i did. i figured everything is going so bad this couldnt hurt. It was the best decision that ive ever made.
    Now, dh and i are still together and things have gotten better. im grateful that I let God into my life.
    Anonymous

• I was raised Catholic. I learned as a child that there were things that I didn't agree with. My CCD teachers did not like me much... I asked too many questions. I became a Bible following Christian when I was 12 after discovering that there were other ways to worship God and have a relationship with Him. I don't call myself any particular 'denomination' but am, in fact, a Christian. I believe that the Bible is the literal word of God. That Jesus came to Earth as a baby born to a virgin, lived a sin-less life, was crucified, died and rose again to ascend to Heaven 3 days later. I believe the only way to God is through Jesus Christ and a relationship with Him.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I was raised Christian. it never felt right to me. I had way too many questions and not so many answers. God never existed to me.
    Nature and the ways of the universe have always spoken to me though.
    I guess I am a spritual atheist.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My Parents did not raise us in any religion. My dad was raised Catholic and my mom was raised Seventh de evenest. I was raised with no religion. And am still that way. I really can not see myself  believing in something I can not see.

Answer by louise2 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I really can not see myself believing in something I can not see.
    ------------------------------------------
    there are some things that you cant see but exist, carbon monoxide, oxygen, love hate.
    Anonymous

• i wasnt raised with any religion, i knew my mom was catholic and knew what she believed, and knew my dads athiest...ive been a satanist all my life, i just didnt know what my beliefs were called till i was 8.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• You just go to the different ones and research and talk to the different people involved and you find where you fit. I was raised nothing, but went to catholic church with a good friend in late HS and college it fit me the most, I am not devout however, but most of the teachings are comfortable to me and makes sense to me where as others aren't as much. It is comfortable and safe feeling, that is how you know. Good luck it is a tough journey.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I just knew.. my spirit knew the truth and I recieved Jesus as my Lord and Savior and accepted the gift of Salvation and His grace.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2010