Is anyone else offended at these ads?

Im upset at the new ads that ebay is putting in magazine in regards to baby gear. The ones that say "Your baby wont know its last year's model; babies done know anything."
I think babies know a lot more than they're given credit for. Sure, they may not realize or care where their things come from, but to say they dont know anything?
Am I over reacting or is this over the line?

Aqua_Jen

Asked by Aqua_Jen at 8:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yep
    Anonymous

• overreacting the baby don't care as much as you do about this sort of stuff all baby wants is to be safe.
    vikings_beauty

Answer by vikings_beauty at 8:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• they say that if an adult learned what a baby learns in their first year of life we would all be genius's
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I think its funny.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• vikings_beauty: Im not saying they do care, but do you really think babies dont know anything?
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I think you're over-reacting. I'm not offended, and I have a 4 month old who I know is very well aware of a lot of things. However...DOES he know something like last-years model on a toy? Nope. I'm sure the ad wasn't meant for people to take it so seriously. I try not to get offended by such minor things. There are bigger issues.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I THINK YOUR OVER REACTING YOU SHOULDNT TAKE ADDS THAT SERIOUSLY AND I THINK NY SAYING THEY DONT KNOW THE MODEL IS THE LAST YEARS MODEL! ITS JUST SAYING YOU DONT NEED TO BUY AN EXPENSIVE/ MADE THAT SAME YEAR TYPE OF THINGS BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY DONT REALIZE AND MIGHT NOT CARE THAT YOU GOT AN OLDER MODEL OF IT....
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 8:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I think they know alot, but ads come on thats a bit far fetched I'm not trying to be mean but whats going on around a baby is the lkeast of his/her worries baby just wants to eat and sleep, maybe when he/she gets older you can figure it out but right now I just don't think they care.
    vikings_beauty

Answer by vikings_beauty at 8:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Um, a baby WON'T know it's last year's model. It's not that they don't know anything, they just don't care. Babies have a hard enough time trying to figure the world out, without having to be "smart enough" to know what they are wearing.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• It is no different then any other ad that companies use. For instance does Nike's slogan "Just do it" make you want to drop your drawers and ......
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 9:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2010