Why do babies fight sleep?

My daughter is 12 weeks and she fights sleep

brandidonaldson

Asked by brandidonaldson at 8:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My best guess is that they are afraid they are going to miss out on something else new and exciting if they sleep, or that they are afraid of everything they have seen, heard and felt so far they don't want to be off guard.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• There is soo much to see, soo much to do. Who would want to go to sleep when they'res lights to look at, toys to play with, hugs and kisses to be had. Children are taking in everything around them and it amazes them. New sounds, new smells, new faces, new things to touch, new things to taste .. Who would want to sleep through all of that?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i feel your pain. my 10 week old (first and only as of now), who used to fall asleep just fine, fights sleep every single time. i would tend to agree with those who've answered before. i know my ds loves attention... absolutely loves attention. i just try to "help" him get to sleep when i see him fighting it. if i don't, both of us just get frustrated and cranky, and overtired.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My son is almost 9 mons and he still fights sleep occasionally.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Learning how to fall asleep is just another obstacle in the way of life.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 2:29 AM on Jan. 12, 2010