Too much school work?

My 6 yr old DD comes home from school with incomplete work packages often. I get on her about not completing all her class assignments. Her biggest complaint is when she is at the listening station, she can't keep up with the tape and also that her teacher doesn't give enough time to finish class work.
Does anyone else have this problem with thier child? If so how did you handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would sit down and talk to her and then call the teacher and have a conference. My your dd does need extra time at the listening station or maybe she isn't focusing.
    Step 1 would be to get the full picture and then go from there.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• You, your child and the teacher need to sit down and talk; this is the only way to get complete information.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:07 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Talk to the teacher. Most teachers give plenty of time to complete in class work. I would wonder what your child is doing during work time? Is she having trouble hearing? Reading? Seeing? Is she not paying attention, is she distracted?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2010