What would you do if you were nursing you baby in you booth at a restaurant and someone came up to you to complain?

You didn't have a cover or a blanket on, but you were nursing discretely where no skin was showing either by your boob or waist. What would you do, or say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not sure what I would say. If I nurse in public I would always cover up. Just out of respect for the people around me who may be uncomfortable by it. I also don't want to risk myself being exposed in public.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Go to Europe. Especially Italy and then you can really appreciate how modest and sweet women are here in the States when they breastfeed.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Tell them to go stick there complaint up there ass.

Answer by louise2 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yeah, I'd be well-covered. What I'd say, to answer your question, is I'm sorry, I'll be done in a moment.

Answer by Bmat at 8:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I breast fed all five of my babies and I can tell you, I would not be in that position. I would excuse myself to the car, or ladies room etc. I am a huge pro brest woman/mother, but I realize not everyone especially those with young children want to see that.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Look at them very, very seriously, and say "He/she didn't complain AT ALL when you were eating...." Then laugh at them and go on about your business, if they won't let it go, call your waitress over and ask for security to remove them. They must have forget their manners. Good luck.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• "Want to see that"
    I personally WANT my children to see that! I wish they saw it more regularly because I want it to be completely normal for a woman to be breastfeeding and not have to be exiled to the bathroom or a car like she's ashamed. I want them to be comfortable with it so they won't be the jerks saying something to the mother breastfeeding.
    Anonymous

• I'd shoot it across the table and see if they wanted some.
    Anonymous

• I always used a light weight blaket.
    Anonymous

• I would very politely inform them of my legal right to breastfeed in the restaurant and point out that I had less skin exposed than you see at the beach.
    Anonymous