IS IT A "MUST" THAT YOU WASH YOUR NEWBORN CLOTHES WITH BABY DETERGENT?

Loving_Junior10

Asked by Loving_Junior10 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never did and my kids never had skin problems. It's far too expensive that even if I wanted to use it I couldn't.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• no i used tide. its pretty gentle any way. I can't use purex... my guy is allergic even though thats supposed to be hypoallergenic or whatever. use what you usually do!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I never bought the baby detergent the only time I did use it was when I had a baby shower for my first DD and someone from the shower got me some detergent so I used it, but after that I didn't buy it I used whatever I was my clothes in for them as well was fine on my kids and I have 2
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• it is recommended, but i didn't i used my usual brand didn't see any reaction so continued to use my usual brand
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Nope. I've been using Arm and Hammer detergent on my 18 month's clothing since she was a newborn.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• It is recommmended because those like Dreft are supposed to be more pure. Babies skin is more sensitive.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 9:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• No they just shouldnt be washed with your clothes because we get weird stuff on us that we dont want to transfer.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• nope. I never did and my second had very sensitive skin. He could not wear any disposable diapers, only cloth, yet never had any trouble with the regular perfume/dye free detergent I used.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i just had to buy fragrence free detergent...i dont think it really mattered if it was meant for babies. My son had eczema so we had to use stuff without scent and dye
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I had to use it on my newborn . she broke out when i used tide or gain so the doctor told me to use the baby stuff and she hasnt had a problem with it. but every baby is different!
    brandidonaldson

Answer by brandidonaldson at 9:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2010