Is your teen vain when it comes to GF's or BF's?

Is your teen interested in only the attactive opposite sex? Meaning they will only date an 11 on a scale of 1 - 10.

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 9:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Aren't all teens like that usually? Nobody wants a romance with somebody they aren't attracted to, and being young you always take things to the extreme. They learn that there is more than great looks it just takes learning that most 11s are jerks to see that an 8 that is nice and caring is better than a jerk 11 anyday.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I don't think that only teens are the ones who want to be with someone attractive. When I was single I didn't hunt for unattractive men so why would teens? I think it is human nature to wanna be with someone that you are attracted to. Perhaps this is more so with teens because looks are more important to teens instead of adults. While looks are important to me, not being an 11 would not be a "deal breaker", especially not if the man is wonderful. Plus like Trueaskanmom said, most HOTT men are jerks, because they know they are hot. I think the same holds true to most women (not all).
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I agree with you two ladies. There are great 11's out there but many times they are vain as well. I remember being a teen and would only date the attractive ones. I married one but he's more of a 8.5 then an 11..LOL
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 9:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• yes, I was like that and guess what? I didn't have a boyfriend until after I turned 18. go figure. LOL
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• LOL lowencope!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 9:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Sad, since many handsome guys are real jerks. Many guys who are hot looking do lots of females and have no respect for them not to mention that many hot looking dudes are gay.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• While she is not yet allowed to date, my 14 year old has already discovered that the "hawt" guys are not the nice ones.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:02 AM on Jan. 12, 2010