Can this make a difference?

I have been told by a OB that my uterus is small for my age. im 19. could this be the reason why i miscarried? also my hubby & i have been TTC for a year. i've been taking the prenatals like the doc told me. please no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I doubt that is why. Early miscarriage is usually caused my the incomplete formation of the baby, if there was something wrong with either the sperm or egg, it is natures way of preventing severe birth defects that can cause death anyway. I would get checked out both you and Dh and see if there are other fertility issues.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I was also told i have a small uterus.. a bicornuate uterus is the actual term.. i am pregnant right now about 7 weeks.. there was another question on here today about this same problem and two other women are also currently pregnant with the same problem.. so i know you can still get pregnant it just means you iwll have a harder time carrying to full term and will more then likely be put on bed rest. Good luck to you!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• OH and stay on those prenatals!! its a good idea to be on prenatals for at least 6 months before conceiving b/c you will get extra folic acid which is important to help prevent disorders such as spina bifida.. good luck!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• wow thanks ladies that was very insightful info!
    Anonymous