Weight gain!

Ok so I am 8 months pregnant and for this entire pregnancy I have been eating good and drinking LOTS of water. I am 30 weeks and have gained 30 pounds. I have come to realize no matter what I do I am gonna gain what my body needs whether I like it or not. I think that I might just start enjoying the occasional "snack" while I have a reason to. After all I will have all summer to work off the weight. Is that a good mind set or crappy one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Its ok to think that way being pregnat is hard enough without the constant fear of too little or too much weight gain.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• go for bad! lol
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 9:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• You're really not far off "target" weight. Especially if you were small before you got pregnant. You're gaining all baby now. I wouldn't worry about your weight. Eat! I'm going to go make an organic cherry milkshake for my baby right now.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i think the best is to think more about what you are eating, how healthy it is, and being active than about the numbers on the scale. i know a woman who gained 80 lbs (but it was twins) and she was thin before, and was thin again within a year. i think it's just what her body needed to gain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• It's a good mind set as long as you're not thinking "I can eat as much as I want to 'cuz I'm pregnant." I only gained 5 pounds during my first 6 months. But last month I gained 8 more pounds (yes, in a single month)! If you're eating healthy, your body will gain what it needs to gain for the baby.
    kristysimpson

Answer by kristysimpson at 6:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2010