I am looking for a volunteer group of mothers whose son/daughter is deployed so I can join and volunteer my time also to help our troops. I live in the St Louis, MO/Bellville, IL area.

My son is getting ready to deploy soon, and hubby thinks I need to stay busy with a volunteer group of other moms in my situation. I am willing to pack boxes to send to the troops, or any other things that may come up to keep my mind occupied and busy and at the same time helping our troops. If you know of any volunteer groups in the St Louis/Belleville, IL area, please notify me of where I may contact them. Any help you can give me, will be greatly appreciated. I will go crazy and lose my mind if I don't stay busy helping out our troops overseas. Thank you in advance.
Cindy
(Mom of an Air Force airman)

Bluzfan0817

Asked by Bluzfan0817 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• i wouldn't limit it to just moms! there are plenty of woman and men out there that are willing to help and women married to those deployed men. i would see if you could get some local news coverage on it, too. you may get more donations that way.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2010