hungry all the time

i am 23 weeks pregnant and i am hungry all the time. the first 4 months i had terrible morning sickness and as of today i have actually lost like 20 pounds instead of gaining. but now i want to eat all the time and my biggest craving is taco bell, i can't get enough of it lol. now im afraid i will start gaining alot of weight. is anyone else in the same boat as me.

mom24147

Asked by mom24147 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes when I was pregnant, I was the exact same way. I would go to quiznos and just get a cup of banana peppers and eat them. I just loved mexican food and spicy stuff. I gained 55 pounds with my first and 40 pounds with my second. I'm still waiting on these last 10 pounds to finally shed off. LOL.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• What exactly about Taco Bell are you craving? The sauce? If I were you, I'd eat the food sparingly and just get some of the sauce packets to use when you're feeling a craving. That may be all it takes to make that craving go away.
    Too much fast food will make you gain unnecessary weight.

Anonymous

• good thing about taco bell - they have those new fresco tacos that are supposedly better for you? I haven't tried them yet, but I crave spicy foods too when I'm pregnant!

Answer by missanc at 9:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• MIL had the taco bell craving and she keeps telling me to go. So I did, and I felt awful. But I make burritos and such at home. I keep everything on hand to make 7 layer burritos with organic ingredients.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• It's natural. It's okay to gain weight, but it's important to gain it at a steady rate. By doing this you eat healthy. Everything in moderation, because even fruits and veggies have a lot of sugars and salts in them. Portion your meals to where you have a good balance of all the goodies. Don't trick yourself into believing you can't have any junk, especially if you crave it. Just don't make that all you're eating. Go veg out on Taco bell for lunch, but don't eat it for dinner too. I know it's hard, but it's important that you don't eat nothing but junk.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• In my exprience, with my first child. I couldn't eat at all, I was sick the whole 9months. At the beginning of the pregnancy I weighed 203. (alot I know omg) anyways by the middle of it I was down to 170. but by the end of it I was back to 203. After birth I again was back down to 170. Weird I know.

#2 so far. (185) I have managed to stay the same weight. I've been sick very rarley so thats why I'm so watching what I eat how much & when. I do not want to gain, actually as soon as this little girl is out I'ma start workin my ass off. For now I'm walking as much as my feet will let me. And trust me its not much.

but yes all I want to do with this one is eat. And trust me its DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2010