I am WORRIED???

Why on earth does the child i care for call herself by a different name? She knows her name....and answers to it, but also calls herself a name that she made up. Sometimes only the other name is in trouble....or happy....or answers....?? I'm worried that she may have mental issues...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It doubt it, she is just going through a phase. It is her way of getting out of trouble.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• She may remember who she was in a past life which is why she refers to herself as this name.
    Anonymous

• She is using her imagination more then likely. I wouldn't stress to much over it at this age. If she does things that are dangerous then you need to worry with her behavior.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 9:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• It's not just when she's in trouble.....it's all the time. She calls herself that name when she plays.....she talks to the other name......?? I dont think she was the other name in a past life....
    Anonymous

• Well....when she is in trouble say in time out....she will spit on herself and pinch herself and say that one name did it to her....not the other..???
    Anonymous

• My friends and me all had alternative names. I think it is just a phase.
    Anonymous

• is she by chance an only child? maybe she has invented an alter-ego to play with and "keep her company" It's a normal phase some kids go through.
    Anonymous

• How long does this phase last.....ever since she could talk....she has done this...?
    Anonymous

• It's just a phase, kids do that. My four year old recentley started saying "WE" like "we are not hungry" etc.etc. I asked him "who is we" he said him and his teddy, lol. As your child grows she will go through a bunch of different things that might seem weird to you.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I'll never understand why people these days always assume something mentally is wrong with a chid when they are simply being children. She has an imagination. Didn't you have one as a kid?

She's normal. She is just being a kid.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2010