My babysitter said that she is going to call children services on me!!!

I am in college and because of that my child's school has a bus pick him up and drop him off on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to the babysitters unless I call and say otherwise. Well today, for some reason, the school didn't put him on the bus to the sitters and he stayed afterschool until they were able to get ahold of my ex husband. The sitters got ahold of my ex and said they were fine with picking him up from the school because they couldn't get ahold of me (I was in class and my classroom has no reception for my cell phone so I was clueless until after class was out). When I realized the mix up, I called the sitter and thanked her profusely for the mix up and said that I would talk to the school to make sure this never happened again. They told me they were done watching my child because they didn't want the responsibility of worrying over my child and wondering where he was because I wasn't good enough a mom to....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• that's not a good enough reason to call CPS. CPS wont be able to do anything in this situation. Stuff happens. Maybe it's best that you get a new sitter anyway.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• child services won't do anything to you anyways, it was the school's mistake not yours! It's not like you just left him at home and went to school yourself! Don't stress over it sweetie!
    Anonymous

• Find another baby sitter. They are replaceable. Shessh
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• to write a bus note. They said that they had had to take my child to school twice because the bus never came (they have been watching my child for over a month now and have never once told me this). If they would have informed me of this problem then, today could have been clearly avoided. I understand that they were worried, I obviously was to, but they said I was a bad mom and that they were calling children services on me. What do you guys think of this? I feel aweful that there was a mix up but for them to react as if I am some horrible person (when I already felt bad enough). What is children services going to do about this? I am sure I am not the only mother that something like this has happened to right? I'm so upset right now and plus I have no sitter because they didn't give me two weeks notice like we SPECIFICALLY talked about. Today was my first day of classes and I'm stressed, upset, pissed...etc. Talking to schoo
    Anonymous

• The babysitter is a moron. You done nothing wrong, the school made a mistake. Replace the sitter and don't worry about it if she does call CPS, nothing will come out of it.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• OP here, oh yes, they are not babysiting my child anymore! I'm on the hunt for a new one. These people have no kids, the woman doesn't work, they acted as if I was some horrible person because I work and go to school, yet I provided them income with my doing so. They are younger than me also, which also burns my butt!!!
    Anonymous

• dont worry they wont do anything, hell theyve been called on my sister and she does crack and drinks every nite and her kids dont have underwear and for some reason they help her out and give her money
    Anonymous

• Op here, I know nothing will come of it but it is just un-nerving. I'm half tempted to just text this babysitter Children Services Number so she doesn't have to take the time to look for it...lol. I'm not at all worried but its just an added stress to make time in my busy schedule for them to come to the house. Bla bla bla.
    Anonymous

• I would of told her a piece of my mind trying to make u out to be a bad mother.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 10:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i wouldn't even worry over it, they will probably get in trouble for creating a false report or they will be told that's not an actual issue.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2010