I have 3 question. 1 what is a good time 2 put a 3 year old 2 bed? 2. Should he still nap? 3. What should I do when he don't listen? Thanks

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 10:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• mabe put him to bed around 9 or 930. its good to have them lay down even if they dont fall asleep. and put him in a time out or corner when he doesnt listen.make him sit on the coutch for a few minutes,or lay in his bed
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• ok the time that a toddler takes a nap will determine what time he/or she goes to sleep, so if your toddler takes a nap around 2 in the afternoon, wake him or her up around 3 in the afternoon, and then around 8 have him or her in the bed even if he or she isn't tired . and as far as the child not listening thats when you have to be the big person and tell your child that he or she needs to do etc. or you can also use something like a tou as a bribe
    Tanya19

Answer by Tanya19 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• We put ours to bed at 8pm. Naps all depends on some kids. My youngest still needs a nap at 3. Where as my friends 2 yr old does not. If he is not listening. Get down to his level and look into his eyes. Sometimes we all forget to get to there level. They are more appt to listen if you do that. Even ask him to look at you when you talk to him if you think he is not listen. Even ask him questions that are easy for him to answer about what you just said.
    Anonymous

• Children need a good 8 hours of sleep each night. So depending on when the child has to get up would determine bedtime. Some children this age take naps but not all. That is a personal choice for you. This age kids will try your patience. Just be consistant with what you do that is the most important thing. When you say you are going to take a toy away then follow thru with it.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Our 3 1/2 year old goes to bed at 8 p.m. He usually sleeps until 7:30 or 8:00 a.m.

He stopped taking naps when he was about 2 1/2, but if yours wants to still take naps or needs them, then I say continue them. My niece was in kindergarten and was still taking a nap. All kids are different when it comes to naps.

As far as what to do when he won't listen, that's a tricky question. I suppose it depends on what he's not listening to. If it's when you tell him no, try time-outs. They always worked for us.
    Anonymous

• 1. put him to bed around 8:30
    2. yes he should still have a nap each day my 5 yr old still needs naps on the weekends
    3. when he doesnt listen put him in time out for 3 minutes and if that doesnt work try popping his little hands!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My 3 toddlers, are 1yr, 3 years, and 4years old!!! They all go to bed around between 7 or 8. They also take 2 hour naps during the day after lunch time. And they are on a set schedule, we let them stay up later on the weekends! This works out great for me! it gives me my mommy alone time, and they get to take a nap, I usually nap with them lol... but they get up around 6-8 am. but they like being on a set schedule every day also!
    Anonymous

• My 3yo is in bed by 7 or 7:30pm sometimes 8:30 at the late end. She is just starting to not want to lay down for a nap anymore and we are toying with the idea of not having her take one. So far we are on day three and it hasn't been going terrible, if no nap her bed time is def. 7 or 7:30 though. If she starts to whine during the day we try to get her to nap though which may move bed time back to 8 or 8:30. Kids are supposed to be getting like 10 hrs of sleep, I am almost positive. So I think you just have to feel the child out as well. As far as not listening I just make sure I get in her face and on her level and talk to her... I am blessed to have a child I can reason with though (she is way beyond her years number wise haha) so I usually calmly explain to her Mommy needs you to do whatever and this is why and we are cool for the most part. She just doesn't learn from discipline very well! Haha Kids are so funny Good Luck
    Bizkviper

Answer by Bizkviper at 6:11 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• NOOOO 9 is late i have my son in bed by 8:00 or 8:30
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2010