Is it because I don't practice any type of religion the reason why I am unable to get pregnant?

I was just talking to my mom (who has no problem conceiving has 9 kids) how frustrated I was because after 2yrs of ttc still nothing........and she said maybe if I start going to church and praying. So what do you all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• HA! I'm not religious and I have two girls. Religion has nothing to do with it. Go to a doc and ask him/her to check you out...you'll find your answer there....
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 10:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• no...thats not the reason for you not being able to concieve. Maybe it could help destress you though. Maybe give it a try or something similar
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• No that's not the reason.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• God does not punish us by denying us kids or their death. He wants us to have kids and fill the earth with them! Maybe the time isn't right!? But more than likely it could be medically related and hopefully reversible or minor. Worst case scenario: your tubes are blocked/clogged and they have to go in and scrape them clean, it won't be good. Or it could be as simple as getting you hormone injections!!! Call ob, explain your concerns and how long you have been ttc and go from there. GL and Best Wishes!!! I'll be looking for you and your dd, hopefully next month finding it!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• awww, that's not nice and not true at all. There are plenty of people that have never even opened the bible much less own one and have tons of kids. Just keep trying. gl and have fun.
    Anonymous

• Uh, yeah I think the claim that your inability to get pregnant is due to lack of church, etc is a complete load of hogwash. I am an atheist and a fertile Myrtle. My older sister is a Christian and has been unable to conceive, most likely due to scarring from an ovarian cyst that ruptured

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Wow, what a messed up thing to say.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• She told you that? wow...I think maybe you should talk to a doctor about it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• it couldn't hurt...i believe in the power of prayer. i don't think however god is smiting you. i don't believe in god.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I'm not a Christian and I have kids. So yeah, she's very wrong.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2010