would you let your son/ daughter spend the night at their girlfriend/boyfriends house?

We are a traditional Catholic family. I am trying to teach my son morals according to the church. He thinks I am unreasonable for saying he can't spend the night. I think I Will throw away all my parenting if i allow my under age son to spend the night at his under aged girl friends house.

Really, what am I teaching him? Doesn't that make me a hypocrite? I know he will find a way to have sex anyways, but why do I have to pave the path?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I certainly would not. It's like saying its ok for them to sleep together. If they are, then they are, but I'm not condoning it. My children are little though. Her parents are ok with this?????????
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• No he or she should not sleep over at there girlfriend/boyfriends house. You are doing the right thing not letting him do this.
    Anonymous

• I don't think I would. I used to spend the night at my boyfriends house all the time (we were engaged, but still...I was young, like 17) and I know what we did...I don't want my kids doing the same!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I think you are doing the right thing momma.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• There's no way I would allow my teenage son to spend the night at his GF's home nor would she spend the night at my home. He may not like it but it is my rules. He knows better then to even ask me.
    Don't give in to him. He can get mad but you know what you are doing is right and in time he will too.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Catholic or not, I wouldn't allow it. You might as well just give them your bed to do the dirty in.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 10:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• No I wouldn't..ever.

Being a parent means making "unfair" choices. Everything is "unfair" to a teen anyways...lol

Be a parent first...later when your kids are grown you will have time to be a friend.
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 10:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Keep doing what you are doing. I agree--he shouldn't be spending the night at her house. Maybe you should discuss it with her parents. And don't assume that he WILL have sex. He might NOT. And encourage him to not. Keep talking to him and make it clear that he is too young to have sex and it is too special to be wasted on a teenage crush. He should wait until he is mature and in a committed relationship...marriage.
    Anonymous

• No way! It is your job as a parent to teach him what is right. Sex is supposed to be for marriage anyway!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I think it depends on how old they are. Also it's NEVER a good idea to go against your own judgment. I have a more educate and allow them to make the best decision attitude.
    missbrittani

Answer by missbrittani at 10:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2010