19 month little blood in her nose

we usaly clean her nose out with qtips( moist qtip) becouse she wont let us use a sucker ever, well just recentaly there has been blood on it and i know its from the weather, but what can i do for her nose so it doesnt hurt her but also get the snot out when she needs it and the sticky boogers? we have a humidifir for dry heat.

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 10:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Saline drops are the best idea. You can spray them up lightly or drop them in her nose to clean it out.

Anonymous

• I know it's gross and I CAN'T STAND BOOGERS but unless it's something I can get with a kleenex, just leave it. You could damage the delicate membranes in your wee one's nose. I have 17 month old twins and we have our share of crustiness in our house lol. Same goes for ears..clean the outside but don't put the q tip IN their ear or you could hurt them.

Combine the two lo..when my kids have runny noses and they sleep it runs INTO their ears depending on how they lay. GROSSNESS ACK!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• plain saline nasel spray.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2010