Why do hubbys get so rude and defensive?

I was trying to carry on a conversation and my hubby just got snotty and rude, started yelling at me, putting me down, calling me a liar, told me I didn't know what I was talking about. This is new behavior and has been going on a couple weeks and I have NO clue what is going on or how to fix it. Any ideas or anyone been in this position before>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband did the same thing to me. Started being rude, coming home late, leaving out early. I believe he was massing around and we got into some bad,bad arguments. Usually, it's cheating or he's unhappy about whats going on in the house and he doesn't like it but wont tell you what it is and he's lashing out at you. Try to ask him what's the problem so you both can work on it before it gets too far out of hand. Be cause you don't like the way you're being treated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Try talking to him about it...maybe it's a touchy subject...maybe he's really stressed at work.

You prolly won't find an answer for this question on the comp. The only way you'll get an answer is to talk to him about it.
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 10:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i went through a similar situation..come to find out my hubby was being defensive cuz he had a guilty conscience. He finally fessed up to cheating on me just a few days prior to his attitude change..im not sayin ur hubby cheated but i would definantly try to get to the bottom on the behavior before it ruins yalls relationship. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• Same reasons women do he is probably up to something.
    Anonymous

• When was the last time that he had a complete physical exam? He may have a health issue that has caused this drastic change in behavior.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Could be emotional instability, a hormonal thing - yes even with men. Could be drugs, that happened to me with my ex. He became a totally different person so fast I didn't know what was happening. And could be that he is feeling guilty or bad about something as that defensive mechanism kicks in when we know we are wrong or have done something that would hurt our partner. Men especially do this. But don't jump to conclusions, it could be medical.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2010