Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


ok so i have to go to court in february, for childsupport for the 4th time, and i was wondering will they just give my babyfather half custody with his support? because he has 3 kids by his wife (the thing he left me for) and he doesn't come see our daughter(his first child) and he doesn't do anything for her


Asked by Tanya19 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 1 (3 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • He has to petition the court for visitation rights or custody of the child. The court will only address the child support issue itself and they will base it on his income.

    Answer by Texan1993 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • Child support and visitation are two separate issues. They will only address the child support.

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

  • yes they will only address child support, in most states he has to petition for visitation unless you were married. if you were married you have to both agree on who what where when and how.

    Answer by angevil53 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

Next question in General Parenting
How much money did you spend?

Next question overall (Home & Garden)