How can I find out how to get my son to poop in the potty???

He constantly acts like he's constipated, and it hurts him to poop in potty? But he pees fine in it...So Idk if i should take him to the doctor, to see he's needs medicine or anything else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He's holding it probably cuz he doesn't want to use the potty when he has to poop. It might be good to give him a laxitive. I would try bribing him with an m&m or gummy fruit snack if he poops on the potty. My 4 year-old still gets a fruit snack when he poops. That deters him from holding it too long.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• what kind of laxative should i give him? I got the kind for little tummys, but it doesnt seem to be helping...ive tried m&m's and some other snacks, but i will try it again...mayb it work this time...
    Anonymous

• Sorry, I'm no help. It's just funny to me that I started to type out a question about my 4yo son pooping on the potty and when I was done this one was here! We were on the same mind track I guess!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• lol...yeah thats funny...I just read yours...
    Anonymous

• charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2010