almost 4 years old

my daughter will be 4 in april and i would like to know how will i know what school she's suppose to go to for pre-k , will the schools send me a letter to inform me or will i have to call around ????

Tanya19

Asked by Tanya19 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• no, PreK is generally a program you pay for yourself unless you apply with Head Start.
    Anonymous

• well im not sure how it works in ur area but for me they called first and then sent me a letter if i am not mistaken. i think here not every child has the opportunity to go to preschool at 4. there is also another program called more at 4 that prepares kids for kindergarten, but preschool is not mandatory.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Well the preschools around here you have to pay for so they do not send you lets on that. You have to go in and take care of it yourself.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• when my daughter went to prek i had to go sign her up and as long as we qualified for free or reduced lunch they were allowed to go but i had to take her there as soon as registration starts because it fills up fast and since prek is not required some kids just dont get in ..like my son he was not able to go to pre k because we made 50 a month to much for them the first year we moved here but then 2 years later we qualified to get reduced lunch...sooo yes def call and go up to the school and get the paperwork ..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I had to call all of the preschools in our town myself and ask about their program. Some wanted to put my 4 year old in with the three year olds because she had been at home with me instead of daycare. I knew that those programs were not appropriate for my child and was able to eliminate them without a lot of paperwork. Have a list of questions ready and ask all of them. Then when you have narrowed down your choices, make unannounced visits to each facility and see if you like them. Good luck on this big step!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:35 AM on Jan. 12, 2010