another food stamp misuse gripe!!

i work at a food lion grocery store and i just cant believe some of the things i see people buying!! naturally it is most busy during the first week or so due to food stamps comin in. but this one chick really blew me away... she bought over $60 worth of little debbie cakes, soda, ice cream, etc n the only actual food she bought was chef boyardee! i mean really it pisses me off bc i have food stamps n i barely buy that crap!!! my kids snack on sugar free pudding/yogurt, fruit snacks, apple sauce n raisins/bananas! maybe some ppl should be taught how to feed their kids!

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I AGREE WITH U ALL THE WAY ON THAT ONE ! ! I GET FOOD STAMPS AND I GET MEAT AND VEGYS , APPLES,BAN- AND OTHER STUFF THATS HEALTHY FOR MY KIDS NOT NO DAM JUNCK FOOD ! SORRY IF WORDS ARE MISS SPELLED !
    Anonymous

• Or not to free load off the system...
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 10:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Unfortunately junk food is consumable so it's ok to buy it with FS. I would be nice if they would buy fresh fruit and vegetables but we can only tell them that it's healthier for them. If they don't choose to accept that advice then we can't make them. Sad.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I was working at FYE and this guy bought 100 bucks worth of cd's and he tried paying me with his food stamp card.....I was like wrong card do you have another?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Oh boy, you will now be thrown to CM hell for this post. LOL
    BUT I agree with you 100%
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• armywife2009101 I was working at FYE and this guy bought 100 bucks worth of cd's and he tried paying me with his food stamp card.....I was like wrong card do you have another Now THAT is funny!rolling on floor

ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Really though, whenever people buy those things they end up getting less...but really what is it any of your business, if they want their kids to be fat and have bad teeth it is their own business. I think you would get pissed off if they tried to tell you not to buy your favorite items? I think you would. Mind your own.
    Anonymous

• Since when is Chef Boyarde real food anyway? I eat all organic on FS.
    Anonymous

• I always think its funny when people take the time to write "its not any of your business" my question is why is it your business to tell them that its not their business. I hope that made sense.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• People really spend all their fs the first week? What do they do the rest of the time!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2010