Do you play favorites towards your pets?

We have 2 Golden Retrievers one female who is 8 yr.s of age and a male who is 4 yrs. of age. I love them dearly they live outside they both have dog houses but my dh was saying he would like to eventually bring the female indoors bc of her age I was like that would b great but our home is too small for this to happen, but I guess we can work it out...some how?..Anyway it has been a tad chilli more than usual here and I have been bringing in my dogs into the garage but tonight it will not get as cold so my dh said just to bring in the female and leave the male outdoors since he is younger and strong. I feel bad doing that..Will he be ok or am I just being too much of a mother hen towards my dogs. (they are our dogs but I like to say they are all mine)...lol I love them both the same but the male dog is very abnoxious while the female is more mellow.
What can I do? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pets

• I definitely love my dogs like kids(my 2 labs are mostly indoor dogs and sleep on the bed lol) anyways if I were in your situation I think I would have to bring both in or I would feel bad for the male.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 10:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Nope, can't play favorites but then again we have our 3 large dogs indoors.. I couldn't imagine them out in the cold, or outside alone anyway.. They are like our kids, and I surely wouldn't put them outside.. I don't see any reason to have dogs if they have to live in a pen or chained to a doghouse. Sorry JMO... Bring them both in, train them, and let them live long happy lives with their family.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• please please! let your dogs inside during nthis time of year. its not fair for any dog have to sit in the cold no matter what age or how large they are. we had a dog pass away being left outside for too long in the cold rite befoer christmas. so its hard to talk about this.. but whatever u do please bring those dogs in
    Anonymous

• I am sorry to hear that Anonymous @ 9:49...so you are saying he froze to death? :(
    Anonymous

• Just how small is your house? I have three indoor dogs and we live in a house that is under 1000 sqft. They are not small dogs either except for the puppy but he will be at least 50 when he is fully grown. If it is that cold they both need ot be allowed in.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• YES. We have one cat we love, and one we cannot stand.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• We have a space heater for when the in-laws dogs come. They stay in the garage with the heater. The in-laws dogs are horrible and they bite our dogs and poop in the house. The in-laws know their dogs are horrible. The heater keeps the garage plenty warm. They have blankets and such.

We have 2 dogs that we love very differently but equally. The old dog is so different from the younger dog. And in some situations, we play favorites.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:04 AM on Jan. 12, 2010