this is how to cheat the man!(with coupons!)

so ladies if u are trying to stretch ur dollars to buy food and household products let me let u in on a lil secret say u have a coupon for something, search ur local store ads to see if its on sale anywhere, they u will get an extra discount. second, most manufacturer and store brand coupons work for more than what is actually stated on it. say u have a hefty coupon for 1.00 off trash bags, most likely that same coupon will work for the hefty plates too. each coupon has a barcode on it, that barcode will match more than one item and u can use it for other items that match the first part of the coupon! for example i bought 8 airwick iMotion plus auto. sprayer + 4 refills for a total of 10.00. normal price is 12 each for the machine and 4.00 for a refill but i had coupons for 6.00 off and they were on sale buy one get one free!!! so i only paid the taxes for each one lol!!!

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can save a ton of money with coupons! Even when I'm not trying to save money, I do it for fun. A lot of grocery stores double anything under 50 cents, so if you have a 50 cent coupon, and the item is on sale for a dollar, it's free. I cannot even tell you how many Coffeemate Creamers, mustard, Tabasco, Franks hot sauce, Warm Delights, toothpaste, deodorants, Softsoap.....and many other things...that I have gotten for absolutely free! Also, my friend found that most dollar stores sell the Sunday paper, which is usually 1.75, for only 1.00, and she buys like 10 papers for the coupons...then gets all of this stuff for free. It's fun to do if you have the time to mess with it. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Good tips. Thanks. I always thought coupons were only for what is specified on the coupon. I will definiately try it next time I am at the store! LOL!
    Anonymous

• Oh...and once, I had a coupon for 3.50 off of any Glade Soy candle. They were on sale for 3.49, so I bought a few more papers for the coupons, and got them totally free. That was one of my favs that I got with coupons. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• yes i have co workers that come in with bundles of coupons and will buy 60 bucks work of stuff and pays only 10 for it all lol but i think she steals all her papers for coupons lmao!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• You don't need to steal papers - hit the coffee shops and pick up all the ones people leave behind when they go. Some people even dive the newspaper recycling bins at strip malls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jan. 12, 2010