how to potty train a 22 month old girl?

my daughter will be 2 in march, now she nows what the pot is used for, she knows the terms pee pee n boo boo.lol but she just wont go! she can sit on the pot for a long while but wont go... but as soon as i put on a diaper she goes in the diaper, and i am tired of the changing diapers and buying them, help me please somebody

keyori

Asked by keyori at 11:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ya gotta be consistent and firm..dont put diapers on her..buy her some panties with her fav. cartoon character on them..and tell her not to get them wet..take her to the bathroom every 15-20 minutes, until she goes. reward her..when i potty trained my daughter i gave her one smartie for going peeps, and 2 for poops. but you could use whatever would motivate your daughter, stickers, jellybeans, m&m's whatever will work!! and just remember, LOTS of praise!! hugs!! kisses!! hand clapping!! best of luck
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• at least she goes in her diaper! My dd was potty training at 18, 19 and 22 mos. She knew when she was dirty, and what it was! She'd sit on the potty and even go... if she was in a good mood! But then she got bored of it and just stopped going on it! She would seriously, sit on it for 15-20 mins, stand up and pee or poop RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT! UGH! SOOO irritating! So I put the potty away. She's now 26 mos, I brought it out a month ago and she's been actually potty training for a week now. She's had one accident all week (knock on wood) and she gets a hershey kiss everytime, however we need to cut that back.... she goes just for the candy now! Give her some time.. maybe it's lost it's newness? We did the panty thing and everything at 18 mos and she'd pee at stores, but never at home. She will get it eventually! They all do! She's almost there for sure, but maybe hide it and bring it out a little later? GL!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• thanx for the help i will be trying the award thing.lol she usually would sit on the pot during yo gabba gabba n wow wow wubbzy shows n just sit there but never goes. she says mommy pot. i get it she sits and does nothing. im scared to try the panties she might go all over the house.lol but i will try it for a while and see what happens , thnx
    keyori

Answer by keyori at 3:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2010